How to choose the right fur coat?
It is not easy to choose a natural fur coat. The buyer should take into account a lot of nuances: to be able to properly assess the fur, distinguish the mink from the rabbit, and the beaver from the nutria, to know the good producers. With this approach, the fur apparel will not only become a luxurious decoration but also will last for many years.
The choice of a fur coat depends, first of all, on the preferences of a woman. A major role in this responsible case is played by such criteria as the type of figure, lifestyle, current trends in fashion, and the opinions of specialists. What swings the latter, they recommend paying attention to the following points:
Select the tone of the product will help the recommendations of colorists, developed for different types of women:
- “Lady-autumn” and “girl-spring” are in harmony with warm tones: pinkish, orange, pistachio, beige;
- “Woman-winter” and “young lady-summer” organically look in coats of cold shades: gray, greenish, blue, chocolate, metallic.
- Classical colors – white and black – are almost everyone.
Do not forget about the modeling function of color. A full woman will look slimmer in a dark brown or black fur coat. A skinny girl is better to prefer the outerwear of the shade.
The most important reference point for the selection of a fur coat is its correspondence to the parameters of the figure. The main thing is that the product is not impersonal. Classic models are characterized by the free cut. Fit a three-dimensional shape, a fur coat is a deliberately wrong decision. This outfit loses its most important “plus” – elegance.
The product, which will have to fit, will give you 100% comfort. He does not want to pull back or move forward, pull back the neck squeezing the neck or roll up long sleeves, like Pierrot’s. Trying on such a fur coat, it will be difficult to part with.
- Stylish cut of a fur product taking into account specific proportions of a body, body height, and a body – this is not a dream of every customer? To make it come true, you need to keep in mind the following nuances:
- a woman with a miniature complexion will simply “drown” in a long-flared flared coat;
- to correct the silhouette of the orange type – without signs of a waste – such elements as a basque on the hem and a massive collar will help;
- a fur coat up to the middle of the thigh, widened to the bottom, with an accent on the waistline, will emphasize the dignity of a slender figure;
- owners of a magnificent bust and wide hips should look for a shortened outer clothing trapezoid shape;
- tall and thin ladies will go fluffy sable fur or Arctic fox, as well as mink furrows – fur coats made of skins, not located along, but across.
Knowing these little secrets will bring great benefit to women who want to harmonize their silhouette and keep up with fashion.
The fur of the bear or reindeer will warm the best, but we do not have products from these materials. Very warm are the skins of sable, fox, raccoon dog, beaver. They are distinguished by the largest amount of hair and the thickest podpushkom. True, they are all quite heavy.
Less heat resistant are the caracul, mink, ermine, chinchilla. Little hope of not freezing in a severe frost leaves products from a goat, a rabbit, a marmot. And the fur of the gopher and the hamster practically does not heat.
Fashion trends in recent years dictate the choice of fur products in view of the purpose of purchase. In this regard, fur coats can be divided into two categories:
- for every day, including for work, – light, practical mink, Astrakhan, hare fur coats in tandem with jeans or trousers;
- for special occasions – products made of fox, lynx or sable fur combined with a smart dress or spectacular costume.
To find out how many seasons the new fur coat will serve, you need to take into account the following graduation (the figures in it indicate the number of seasons that can survive the skins of these animals):
- 20 – river beaver and otter;
- 10 – mink;
- 7 – marten, blue fox, Astrakhan;
- 5 – fox, nutria;
- 4 – protein;
- 2 – rabbit, rabbit.
Choosing a quality fur coat by the type of fur: the basic nuances
First, let us designate the general features of real fur. Unlike a cheap fake, it is soft and obedient, does not paint hands, does not stain, has no specific smell and, of course, pleases the eye.
Now let’s talk about the nuances of choosing the right fur coat from different types of real fur:
- from the mink: the hairline is soft, but stiffer than the rabbit; poured and streamed; elastic, obedient when stroking “against the wool”, even length of the villi does not stick together. The price of mink skins depends on the color: nut trees, dark brown, red are less valuable, and browns with beige undercoat, white, black with purple tint are considered the most valuable;
- from marten: soft, lush, silky fur with long hairs of uniform density, without bald spots. The hand literally drowns in it. The color scheme is represented by rich shades of brown. The sub-tail is darker than the general color;
- from the river beaver: heavy fluffy fur with a thick undercoat; natural colors – from chestnut to dark brown; from a cheaper nutria, which is often given for beaver fur, it is more fluffy;
- from Mouton: the sheepskin treated and colored in different colors has absolutely straight hairs, cut to 1.27 cm (shorter length – evidence of poor quality). The pile is smooth and soft, like velvet. Has a natural shine;
- from astrakhan: very thick, shiny, densely arranged hair-curls of medium length, forming a clear pattern. The most common color is black, less common are gray, golden, white;
- from sable: the hair cover of this image material has no equal in density, splendor, and silkiness. The length of the hairs is 4 cm. The vertical tail completely covers the fluff. The palette of colors – from sandy to brown, sometimes with “graying”;
- from rabbit: fur short, thick and delicate, resembles plush; all hairs of the same length; rich variability of color: black with the blue tint, tawny, silvery, gray-white;
- from the fox: the hair is long and dense, the colors are great: from the classic fiery-red to white with the gray undercoat; hair especially valuable fox plays and shimmers in three tones: smoky gray (at the base), white (in the middle) and black (at the tip);
- from the raccoon: voluminous silky long-bellied fur, having a soft high awn and the same undercoat; typical colors: brown-beige, milky-gray; The less the yellow shades in the tone, the higher is valued.
How to choose a fur coat in the store?
A natural fur coat made of mink or fox, rabbit or scribble is an expensive treat. The right choice of a good product, pickiness for every nuance of it will allow you to enjoy buying more than one year.
Tips from professionals
- Estimate the density of the fur. Insufficient density may mean one of three: either the skins were treated with a violation of dressing technology, or they were too stretched, or the slaughter of animals occurred in the summer, during molting. In all these cases, the purchase will be unreasonable.
- Stroke the fur in different directions. Natural hairs will not bend or break, under them you will find thick podpushek.
- Soft animal skins, unlike artificial substitutes, are not afraid of any manipulation: they can be crushed, squeezed, pulled – they will again acquire the former “commodity” appearance.
- Make sure that the product is not colored: spread the hairs and check the color of the skin – it should be white. To test the quality of the painted fur coat, draw on it with a damp cloth – good paint should not leave traces.
- Shake the fur product. If at the same time you do not hear any sound and do not notice the intense shedding of villi – everything is normal. If the fur coat, like an oilcloth, from her, fly a lot of hairs, it means that the fur was overdried. Such goods will soon lose shape.
- Check how the fur pieces are fastened. Unfair producers produce not stitched but glued fur coats. Such a product will bring nothing but grief.
- Pay attention to the lining. If it is tightly sewn – this is already a “minus” product. Reputable manufacturers do not do this, giving the buyer the opportunity to see the full value of the skin.
- Look at the underside of the product. The inner side of the skin – mezdra – should be distinguished by a flat haze of light color. If it has turned yellow – means, fur already used and fragile. To the touch, the master should be elastic, soft and smooth.
- Make sure that you get a one-piece product made from 15 cm pieces. Such sewing is considered a reference. The alternative to him – a fur coat from the pieces connected by means of the special computer program. Such technology, though expensive, will not provide a durability or charm to the product.
- Take the time to learn the tags. Keep in mind that the most expensive and warm coats are marked with the following inscriptions: Platinum / SagaRoyal, NAFA / American legend.
Having inspected, felt, having worn a fur coat, it is necessary to put on it. It is recommended not just to look at yourself in the mirror, but “to live” in a new thing for about five minutes. If during this time it becomes native – it is necessary to take!