Eyebrow pencil: how to choose and paint
The fashion for thin eyebrows-strings has long passed and many girls are now, on the contrary, striving to make arcs wider than they are. If you choose the right eyebrow pencil, then any problems with the formation of the desired bend and width will be solved immediately.
How to choose the eyebrow pencil
Pencil for coloring eyebrows can be classified by properties, softness and color range, therefore, in order to choose the best one, you need to compare several factors at once. It would not be superfluous to ask the price – often well-known brands (Lacordi – Lacordi, Chanel) slightly inflate prices for their products and you can find a similar option, but with a lower cost.
By properties, they can be divided into :
- Water resistant. This is a cosmetic pencil that is “not afraid” of high temperature and exposure to water. The composition of such funds includes wax-like substances or oil components that protect the pigment from abrasion. Among the shortcomings, you need to know that you can only wash off such cosmetics with special gels or tonics. This is the ArtDeco Eye Brow Pencil, Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Brow Lift Duo, Art – Visage (Avrt-Visage), El Corazon (El Corazon), Cascade Of Colors, Deborah 24 Ore and others;
- Water resistant. This cosmetics is easily washed off with ordinary water, in addition, it can spread in hot weather. At the same time, the usual contour pencil is an order of magnitude less waterproof. Presented by Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil (Rimmel), Lancome Crayon Sourcils (Lancome), Seventeen Longstay Eyebrow Shaper, Shiseido Natural Eyebrow Pencil;
- For fixing. Fixing wax crayon can have any properties, is a transparent color or gives a certain tone to the hairs. It is used for laying unruly hairs and fixing shadows. Equipped with a brush for combing, so a pencil is very convenient not only to do eyebrow makeup but also to fix eyelashes. These are Divage Browfix pastel, Faberlic Secret Story Wet (Faberlic), pupa (Pupa), Yves Rocher Couleurs nature, Meibellin Brow Drama Pomade, L’Etoile Fatal crayon sourcils, and others. Often, eyebrow wax is used instead of a pencil
To draw the perfect bend of the eyebrow, it is also important to take into account the softness of the pencil, so, waterproof, often refers to hard, and the usual to soft.
Hardness pencils are classified into :
- Slate. Can be automatic or without the shell. It is the hardest. Not suitable for drawing eyebrows “from scratch”, but is able to quickly shade the existing hairs, giving them visual density. This is Tom Ford Brow Sculptor, Guerlain Eyebrow Definition Pencil (Guerlain), Clarins Eyebrow pencil, Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Long-Wear Brow Pencil, Matte Max Factor (Max Factor);
- Solid. It allows you to beautifully and very naturally (in experienced hands) to give the desired shape or color. Thanks to the relatively hard lead, it can make the finest strokes. Also, like the first, it can be mechanical or ordinary (sharpened). This ultra-thin Amway Artistry, powdery Bremani, Mary Kay Brow Definer Pencil, Tony Moly Lovely Eyebrow Pencil, NoUBA Eyebrow Pencil with the applicator (with applicator), BeYu Eye Brow Definer, Yves Saint Laurent Dessin des Sourcils;
- Soft. This is a wax pencil, which is mainly drawn eyebrows. The advantage is that you can make lines of any thickness. From the minuses, you need to say about the high level of consumption (quickly erased and need to be sharpened often), as well as about fat content. Because of this, it can spread and spoil the shape of the edge. Presented by Avon, Benefit High browning pencil, Givenchy Mister Eyebrow, Ninelle Perfect, Taupe from MAC, Nyx Auto Eyebrow Pencil.
Naturally, the color of the eyebrow pencil is very important. The classical palette includes only natural shades: black, brown, dark brown. Some brands offer an extended list, such as cappuccino, coffee, dark chocolate, etc. There are also color options for extreme makeup (for example, ashy Kiki Browliner or Gosh Eyebrow Pencil).
Despite the simplicity of working with this cosmetic product, it is now very popular. To understand that it is better to have a pencil or eyebrow shadow, you need to try both, and decide on your own feelings, depending on your own feelings
How to paint eyebrows with a pencil
Pencils can be either slightly shaded hairs and re-draw a bend.
Step-by-step instructions on how to draw eyebrows using a pencil from Maybelline Satin Brow (Maybelline):
- The surface of the hairs is decreased. Micellar water is ideal for this – it does not dry out the skin and perfectly removes impurities;
- First drawn the outline. Depending on how convenient it is, you need to draw a thin line on top of the eyebrow or on the bottom. The optimal length is selected based on the size of the eyes and their distance from the nose;
- If necessary, you need to slightly trim the hairs near the nose. They can further damage the appearance of the contour lines;
- After light motions blurred the middle edge. It is recommended to make small touches – then it will turn out as carefully and naturally as possible;
- To make feathering (if needed), you can use a regular cotton swab. Need to move from the beginning of the bend to her tail. Do not press hard, so as not to smudge the contour;
- Then you can fix the paint with special styling tools or wax pencil.
Similarly, you can paint over blond eyebrows for blondes or slightly correct their shape, if they are asymmetric.
If for some reason the eyebrows just fell out or have such an asymmetrical shape that cannot be painted over, then they need to be shaved and re-drawn with a pencil. Here you need to be very careful, if blondes can choose a dark beige color, then brunettes need to take into account the tone of their hair. For such purposes, it is recommended to use a powder pencil, for example, Givenchy Eyebrow Show (Givenchy) or Christian Dior Sourcils Poudre (Dior). And then apply on the hairs for styling and fixing the eyebrow gel.
Consider how to draw eyebrows with a pencil in stages :
- It is necessary to shave off the hairs and prepare the area for applying makeup. To do this, it is necessary to rinse with micellar water, apply the base and foundation. If the skin is oily, it is better to use powder – so that the pencil does not drip;
- Pros lay a bend line on the eye, projecting segments from the point at the bridge of the nose, the inner corner of the eye and the forehead. If you work this way for the first time, then you need to practice or acquire a special stencil (matched to the shape of the face and the size of the eyes);
- At first, as in the first version, the outline is drawn. It should be thin, so watch out for the sharpness of the stylus. After inside the form is painted over. Here, experts advise not to make individual touches.
Good feedback has a pencil Eyeshadow Designer from Essence (Essence) , which is available in shades: 01 brown, 02 dark brown, 03 black colors, 04 blondes. It creates the effect of a tattoo and can easily tone permanent eyebrows. Treats cosmetics middle-market. If you need a more affordable option, pay attention to the automatic VOV for eyebrows and eyes.
Mechanical pencil company Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow does not require devouring, which greatly simplifies working with him. Refers to non-resistant soft. It has an ultra-thin stylus, so it can give the eyebrows any shape. Despite the convenience of the stylus, it tends to get blunt. As an analogy, you can try the wooden Catrice Eyebrow Stylist or Flormar.
A very good pencil for painting brow Brow Drama Pomade Crayon is the company Maybelline New York. It is known for high durability and ease of use. Can be sharpened with a regular sharpener. Its counterpart is Master Shape of the same brand.
A simple wooden pencil for shading eyebrows offers Vivienne sabo Coup De Genie (Vivienne Sabo). It is characterized by a thin, but very hard lead and a powdery texture. Due to this, it allows applying the finest strokes under the hairs, which look very natural. The same characteristics have a tool for eyebrows from the company Black Pearl.
Lumene Blueberry Eyebrow Pencil (Lumen) – an amazing pencil with blueberry extract, which is very useful not only for eyebrows but also for the skin around. Treats professional cosmetics, possesses the high hardness of a slate and excellent indicators of firmness. Its more affordable counterpart is the Bourjois Sourcil Precision (Bourgeois).
L’Oreal Paris Brown Artist Designer is a soft, waterproof mechanical pencil. It is used both for drawing new lines and for shading hairs. Equipped with a brush that allows you to control the direction of growth. Available in shades for red, blond, blonde and brown-haired.
Eva Mosaic Ideal Brow (Eve) – budget gel pencil made in Ukraine for painting eyebrows, which can be used for the contour. Known for softness and simplicity in sharpening. Does not differ in high resistance. If you need an option for regular use with better performance, we recommend that you look to Relouis.
Resistant pencil for drawing eyebrows Yves Rocher (Yves Rocher) is made exclusively in the natural range. Remarkably, it can also be used as an eyeliner. Shades are suitable for any natural hair color. It is considered quite an expensive cosmetic. Its more affordable counterparts are Miss Tais, Jeans. Just makeup EyeBrow.
Avon offers a pencil with a brush for eyebrows and eyes. There are gray, blond and bluish-black shades. At the price practically does not differ from one more network titan – Oriflame. It is characterized by excellent softness, but at the same time, durability.