Dry cough: treatment of folk remedies
A dry cough is exhausting and annoying. He is able to poison life for a long time, causing inconvenience not only to his owner but also to those around him. How to get rid of this disease? Let’s see
What did you need to know about a dry cough?
What is a cough?
A cough is a protective reaction of the body to a stimulus that gets into the throat, for example, dust, infection, etc. By their origin distinguish between wet and dry cough. Wet cough occurs due to sputum, and dry due to colds and infections appear 3-4 days after the person got sick. It is useless to treat only a dry cough without eliminating its cause, otherwise, it will be a waste of time and money. If you have a dry cough, treatment should begin with the elimination of the nidus of the disease, and then you can begin treatment directly cough. But you need to know that a dry cough is of several kinds. Consider them in more detail.
Types of a dry cough
Paroxysmal – this type is characterized by the presence of strong attacks of a cough when a person can not stop and cannot restrain a cough, while tears in his eyes, and in the throat, there is a strong burning sensation.
Barking – with him breathing becomes difficult, wheezing and shortness of breath appear.
Chronic – after treatment arises again, then ceases to respond to treatment altogether.
Causes of a dry cough
If you have a dry cough, treatment should begin with identifying the causes of its occurrence. These include the following factors:
- Cold diseases.
- Laryngotracheitis. With this disease, there is a fever, bouts of a long-lasting cough. The patient appears very tired, so he is forced most of the time in bed, which makes it very difficult to expectoration.
- Chronical bronchitis. Here cough occurs in the morning, and in order to get rid of it, you need to take measures to strengthen the body as a whole. If you have such a bad habit, like smoking, you must forget about it, at least for the duration of the treatment
- Cystic fibrosis. With it, dry cough gives way to expectoration of sputum.
- Bronchial asthma. Here, after a dry cough, inevitably, shortness of breath comes. It can also cause chest pain and cough with sticky sputum.
- The alien body that fell into the trachea. There is extremely difficult breathing, whistling, hissing. This is all due to the fact that the body itself wants to get rid of this body
- Tumor. Characterized by suffocating and tearing cough, which can not be ignored.
- Smoking. This addiction can develop a chronic cough.
- whooping cough and tuberculosis. These diseases cause a dry cough in children.
As you can see, there are many reasons for the occurrence of this unpleasant process, therefore, if you have a dry cough, it is better to entrust the treatment to a specialist, otherwise, you can cure something that you are ill. But when you have been diagnosed with a disease, then you can begin the treatment of a dry cough not only with drugs and popular recipes
Treatment of dry cough folk remedies
If you have a dry cough, treatment with pills will be suggested to you by your doctor, in this article, I would like to pay special attention to treatment with the help of folk remedies.
Milk with cough honey
The leader in the treatment of a dry cough is milk. To do this, boil the milk and add a teaspoon of honey to one cup. Drink milk should be at night in the form of heat. You can also add carbonated mineral water to it and then bring to a boil. Use the same before bedtime.
Tea with cough oil
Here you just need to make tea and add a small piece of butter to it. This will soften your sore throat.
Radish with a honey cough
Take the black radish and make a hole in it. Next, put in it two tablespoons of honey and soak for four hours. Use the infusion, which turned out, a teaspoon three times a day before meals.
Lemon with cough honey
Squeeze the juice of one lemon and pour it into a glass. Place two tablespoons of glycerin in the same place, mix and add honey so that you get a full glass. Mix everything well and take six times a day for a teaspoon. When a cough passes, the number of doses can be reduced.
Various inhalations are very effective in the treatment of a dry cough.
Dry cough inhalation
Eucalyptus Cough Inhalations
Take a few eucalyptus leaves, fill it with boiling water and cover with a lid. Next, take a piece of paper and fold it so that it turns out a funnel. Then cover the entire radius of the container with a wide end, and through a narrow opening, begin to take deep breaths 10-15 times per minute.
Herbal inhalations with cough soda
Take a few leaves of a coltsfoot or thyme and pour in boiling water over them. Add a teaspoon of soda and a couple of drops of eucalyptus oil. Then do everything the same as in the previous recipe.
When you started treating dry cough, do not forget to drink. Well, if you use infusions and decoctions of herbs throughout the day. In the pharmacy, you can buy everything you need for this. It is also recommended to drink as much alkaline mineral water as possible.