Blepharoplasty-surgical correction method
Blepharoplasty of the eyelids is a procedure that is a form of plastic surgery. The operation allows you to change the shape of the eyes, correct skin defects, remove bags, hanging eyelids, is actively used in radical methods to combat the signs of aging on the face.
Daily complex care, visiting cosmetologists and performing certain procedures are necessary to maintain the skin of the face and body in tone, however, to eliminate irreversible phenomena, most often they are not capable.
Plastic surgery – a radical method, resort to which is necessary only if there are special indications.
WHAT IS THE BLEPHAROPLASTY OF THE EYELIDS?
Blepharoplasty – is performed to change the incision of the eyes, the shape of the eyelids, the removal or redistribution of adipose tissue (hernial sacs), skin tightening. This is a simple procedure that has an average degree of soreness.
Some techniques allow performing the operation almost painlessly. With the proper conduct of blepharoplasty, you can achieve amazing results.
A huge number of patients who have been through this procedure from highly qualified and experienced doctors remain happy with the result.
INDICATIONS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
The operation is performed on the initiative of the patient himself, as well as in the presence of the direction of the doctor. For example, a doctor may recommend resorting to surgery to eliminate the causes of eye diseases, as well as various defects.
Indications for blepharoplasty
- the formation of excess skin around the eyes, fat tissue, various defects;
- the presence of wrinkles;
- the omission of the corners of the eyes;
- the formation of deep folds on one or both eyelids;
- change the shape and cut of the eyes (from Asian to European).
Contraindications to blepharoplasty
- presence of increased intraocular or intracranial pressure;
violations in blood clotting;
- oncological diseases;
- diseases of the cardiovascular or circulatory system;
- endocrine disorders, thyroid problems.
Doctors should accept the patient and provide him with a service based on his physical condition and indications for surgical intervention.
MAJOR TYPES OF BLEPHAROPLASTY
Blepharoplasty is divided into several types, each of which leads to certain results. The type of operation is determined on the basis of the wishes of the client himself, as well as the testimony of cosmetologists and surgeons:
- The upper eyelid – removes overhanging of the skin above the eye. The procedure is performed by performing a cut on the natural fold of the upper eyelid skin. Removed excess skin, fat (including subcutaneous). With a competent operation, there are no scars or other defects indicative of blepharoplasty.
- The lower eyelid eliminates bags under the eyes, hernia, and swelling. The incision is carried out in the lower eyelid along the ciliary margin. Especially popular was the transconjunctival method (described in detail below), which is performed according to a special technology and has the least degree of soreness. This method involves applying a cut to the inner part of the eyelid, allows you to remove excess subcutaneous fat without removing the skin. The method is relevant for young patients.
- Circular – the combination of both of the above procedures.
- Change and correction of the eye section.
- Canthopexy – removal of the closure of the eyelids (both upper and lower).
- The laser method.
- Exophthalmos is a treatment for the displacement of the eyeball.
- Canthoplasty is a change in the incision of the eyes.
Modern technology allows you to change the Asian section of the eyes to European. A competent surgeon applies cuts on the natural folds of the skin, which makes the scars completely invisible.
Through the applied holes, excess fatty tissues are removed, the sagging skin flaps are cut off.
Before you start looking for a surgeon, you should consult with beauticians who will describe in detail the skin condition of the eyelids.
ADVANTAGES OF TRANSCONJUNCTIVAL BLEPHAROPLASTY
Modern medicine offers many options for carrying out the same procedures. The surgical operation in the lower eyelid can be carried out in a more gentle manner, to which can be attributed and transconjunctival blepharoplasty.
This type is the least traumatic, the healing process proceeds faster, there are no external traces indicating surgical intervention.
The essence of the transconjunctival procedure is as follows: fatty interlayers (excess tissue) are removed by cutting the lower eyelid from the inside.
This method does not provide for the removal of excess skin, nor for working with subcutaneous layers. The procedure does not lead to a change in facial expressions, does not affect the incision of the eyes. The person’s view simply acquires a healthy appearance, the skin returns to youth.
The absence of any traces during this procedure makes it possible to call it “seamless”. Ideal for people who want to get rid of bags under the eyes, return clarity in the eyes.
The regeneration process is completely painless, the rehabilitation period ranges from a few days to 2 weeks.
The operation is performed under local anesthesia, lasting only about an hour.
The patient can leave the clinic on the day of the procedure.
The only side effect of this surgical procedure is the formation of edema. But they fall off a few days later.
After a week, the person is already fully in order and can lead to a full-fledged lifestyle without any restrictions.
RESULTS OF BLEPHAROPLASTY
The operation is carried out to ensure the following results:
- elimination of the “aging age”;
- getting rid of tired eyes (“heavy ages”);
- Removing hanging skin from the upper eyelid and “bags under the eyes”;
- the decrease in signs of age-related changes;
- correction of the shape and cut of the eyes;
- elimination of skin defects around the eyes (congenital or acquired).
The type of procedure is chosen based on the patient’s clinical picture. For a more accurate representation of the results of blepharoplasty of the eyelids, you should study the photos before and after.
The length of the recovery period depends on the complexity of the operation performed. Rehabilitation is calm, the patient can almost immediately return to a full-fledged lifestyle.
There are no painful sensations as such, no visual impairment. The rehabilitation period requires certain actions, which include:
- refusal from a long stay in front of a computer monitor or TV;
- you can not lift heavy things, engage in the excessive physical activity;
- avoid contact of the eyes with tap water (washing should be done with lotion with distilled water or special means,
- artificial tear);
- about 20 days is prohibited the use of contact lenses;
- for half a year should not forget to use creams with UV protection;
- you can not visit saunas, baths, swimming pools, beaches.
Sutures are removed a few days after the procedure (after 1-6 days). In place of the seams are applied adhesive strips, which securely fix the edges of the incisions and help them to tighten.
After 9-10 days, the fixing stickers are removed. Swelling after surgery completely subsides for 3-4 weeks.
During the recovery, dry eyes can be observed, so it is necessary to use an artificial tear to prevent the drying of the cornea and the appearance of mucosal irritations.
Care of the intervention zone
The first time you need to look after the eyelids. For this, there are such recommendations:
- The first 5 days a patient should use special eye drops that fight with bacteria, inflammation, reduce itching. It can be Dexamethasone
- To accelerate rehabilitation, the doctor can prescribe Actovegin gel or other means. Independently appoint them is not necessary.
- To protect against bacteria, accelerate the healing can be prescribed antiseptic ointment Levomekol, and to eliminate hematomas – heparin ointment.
- To dissolve the scar, apply hydrocortisone ointment. She is appointed somewhere in 2 weeks. In addition, with scar sealings, they are struggling with the help of microcurrent therapy, phonophoresis.
Remember that any medicamental medication or external remedy should be prescribed by a doctor.
At high levels of the patient’s health, the occurrence of side effects is minimized. If initially there were no sharp contraindications and the operation was performed according to all the requirements, then there cannot be serious complications.
The doctors’ opinion about blepharoplasty is positive.
There is a possibility that the patient will be injected with a drug that may experience an allergy or become intolerant.
To avoid such situations, a thorough examination should be conducted to determine the individual reactions of the body.
The most common side effect is the formation of eye swelling in the first days after the operation.
This is a completely harmless process that occurs when you transfer any surgical procedure. Edema decreases for several days without a trace and no longer returns.
In addition, you can face such complications:
- Bruises. They will disappear in a week.
- Itching of the eye conjunctiva, dryness, redness. For the rapid disappearance of these side effects, special drugs are prescribed.
- Nebula and double vision. Such consequences decrease when puffiness decreases.
Turn of the lower eyelid. Physicians call such a state an ectropion. Often this happens due to a doctor’s mistake. To eliminate the consequences, a special message, exercise or additional operation is shown.
- There are fewer eyelashes in the lower eyelid area.
- In addition, you can face more serious consequences. This can be asymmetry, irregular shape, movement of lacrimal ducts, a condition where the eyes are not completely closed.
- That is why it is important to choose a good specialist, as much depends on him.
A FEW WORDS IN CONCLUSION
Blepharoplasty of the eyelids is an operation that must be performed only if there are serious and weighty indications. People who are elderly, whose skin is in a peak state of aging, can contact the doctors for the procedure.
If people decide to perform this procedure at a young age, they must have strong reasons, confirmed by doctors in the clinical setting.
It is necessary to study the opinion of the doctors conducting this intervention. Sometimes it seems to people that some features of their appearance are a defect and it is necessary to get rid of them by any means.
If the desire to perform an operation is based on a neurosis, then you should abandon the blepharoplasty. Surgical intervention will not only not correct the situation, but it can even aggravate the patient’s condition. For this reason, it is necessary to consult with several surgeons to determine the actual condition of the skin.