Argan oil for health and beauty: home recipes
Many medicines and cosmetics, despite the seemingly complex chemical composition, are, in fact, a mixture of natural substances.
Most often these are extracts of various plants, as well as their derivatives, for example, argan oil, for health and beauty that has been used since ancient times. Today I will tell you how useful this product is, from what it is received and how it can be used for face, body, and hair.
What is argan oil and how does it get
Argan oil is extracted from an extract of argan tree seeds, which grow in the southwestern part of Morocco and contain it in large quantities. In fact, this product is considered quite rare, since in order for the tree to start bearing fruit it must pass about 30-50 years, and then it must be prepared for storage and transportation.
For many years, local residents used the oil of this plant as a medical product, and also conducted cosmetic procedures with it to maintain the health of skin and hair.
At the moment, this kind of oil has become so popular that it is universally used as an ingredient in many cosmetic products that are produced practically in all countries of the world.
Benefits of Argan Oil for Skin
This product contains important vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and antioxidants that favorably affect the skin, for example, prevent premature aging, remove age-related changes and so on.
Therefore, use this oil is recommended if you want to get:
- Young and radiant face. Using argan oil on the face skin helps prevent premature aging, reduce the number of dead cells and protects against sun damage. This substance contains vitamin E, which is necessary to maintain the elasticity of the skin and the normal level of collagen. It also contains phytosterols, which help in the fight against acne and reduce scarring.
- Moisturized skin. Instead of using chemical humectants of the dermis, you can simply apply argan oil, which, moreover, acts on all the skin integuments of the body, drinking and retaining moisture inside them. The best results can be achieved if the oil is applied after the shower.
Healthy hands. If you suffer from dry hands, the skin tends to crack and your cuticles are damaged, argan oil may be the best solution to this problem. This product deeply moisturizes and nourishes the skin of the hands, and also softens it.
Argan oil and hair
Vitamin E, in combination with essential fatty acids, makes this substance an excellent tool for good hair care and helps to keep them healthy.
- In order to reduce the dryness of hair and add shine to them, it is enough just to hold a small massage of the scalp and the hair itself along with this oil.
- Curly hair, as a rule, is very difficult to comb and tends to tangle. To get a good hairstyle that never gets confused, you just need to apply a small amount of argan oil to your hair.
- Damaged hair is most prone to cross-section on the tips. To fix this problem, you just need to apply a small amount of oil to the tips daily.
- If the scalp itself is dry, then it is usually accompanied by dandruff, itching, and irritation. To solve this problem, it is necessary to apply a certain amount of oil to the scalp, massage it a little and leave it in this form until the morning.
Nutrition and argan oil
Surprisingly, argan oil can also be consumed inside, and in this case, it also benefits the body. The fact is that this substance has an anti-inflammatory effect, and therefore it is very effective in the treatment of diseases such as rheumatism and arthritis.
This oil can also be attributed to anti-cancer products because of the content of antioxidants and healthy fatty acids that fight and reduce the effect of free radicals. Argan oil increases the amount of good cholesterol and reduces the amount of bad cholesterol. With regular consumption, it helps to prevent cell damage, the occurrence of heart disease and cancer.
Argan oil is an excellent addition to salads and other dishes. Only it is necessary to observe the measure in this case – the nutritional value of this oil is 900 kcal per 100 g of product. With high caloric content, the only harmful property of this oil is connected – it is better not to use it if you are suffering from excess weight.
Most often, argan oil is used on the face skin. But to get a really impressive result, you need to consider some points.
Use of pure argan oil for face
If we have a pure cosmetic argan oil or its mixture with other oils, then it can be applied to the skin directly in this form. To do this, use a pipette or other metering object, with which we measure a few drops of this remedy and place them on the pads of the fingers.
After that you need to soak the face, making soft circular massage movements with your fingertips, while avoiding the eye contour area. To begin massage on the face it is necessary from the area of a chin and to go slowly to cheekbones. After you reach the middle of the forehead, you must perform the same movements in the opposite direction.
The massage ends when the face completely absorbs all the argan oil. If you suffer from acne, gently work around these areas in a circular motion, but do not press too hard on them.
Argan oil and face cream
Another good way to use argan oil, especially if you have dry skin, is to put a few drops in the cream or another moisturizer that you use for your daily face care.
Thus, we get a much more nutritious remedy and significantly improve its moisturizing qualities. This is made possible by the presence of vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant fighting free radicals, in addition to unsaturated fatty acids and polyphenols.
As a result, we get a smooth skin and protect it from premature aging. But be careful – the effectiveness of the procedure directly depends on the quality of cosmetics, which you have chosen as the basis.
This procedure should be repeated every day because otherwise, you are unlikely to get the desired results. Most of this procedure is recommended for those women whose skin is very dry or sensitive – a mixture of moisturizing cream and oil activates the production of collagen and relieve the derma from drying out, as much as possible nourishing it.
How to use argan oil for hair health
To begin with, it should be said that argan oil is absolutely suitable for any type of hair – be it fatty, dry, brittle or split-off hair. The same goes for the scalp, so do not be afraid that the head of hair, which is characterized by high-fat content, will become even fatter – no, on the contrary, the oil normalizes its condition.
If you study cosmetic hair care products, you will find that many of them already contain “liquid gold from Morocco”, and some funds take this oil as a basis. Such considerable popularity is due to the fact that argan oil makes hair soft and silky.
I always use natural argan oil after washing my head: I put oil on wet hair and distribute it all along the length. These means give the strands a shine and smoothness from the roots to the tips. In addition, it prevents hair from tangling. Also, oil has a beneficial effect on the bulbs and scalp themselves, in which they are located.
The order of application of argan oil for hair is somewhat more complicated:
- First of all, you need to prepare a slightly damp towel and leave it somewhere nearby so that it is at hand. After that, we put oil on the entire surface of the hair, until it covers all the hair. Particular attention should be paid to the scalp and the area near the roots and tips, especially if your hair is brittle on its own.
- Now massage the head for a while, until the skin and hair are soaked properly. Then take the towel and wrap it in the head, without removing the oil. Leave them in this position for at least half an hour.
- After this, it is necessary to prevent excessive hair fading, because the excess oil on the skin and hair is harmful to health and significantly worsens the appearance of the hair. Remove the towel, comb the hair and go to the shower.
- Rinse the hair with a normal shampoo until you feel that you have removed all unnecessary. Then apply a smoothing means for the hair.
- After this simple procedure, which should be done twice a week, you will get wet, shiny and strong, especially in the area of the roots, hair. Also, argan oil will help to get rid of excessive drying of the scalp and help you get rid of dandruff.
Argan oil for health and beauty is really incredibly useful. It is not for nothing that this product is called the liquid gold of Morocco – its incredible healing and moisturizing properties make it possible to use this substance as a means to restore the structure of the skin and hair. It perfectly fights with the first signs of aging on the face and returns to the hairline its natural strength and healthy appearance.